Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Give 'Em the Old Razzle-Dazzle...

The only thing constant is change.

I’ve switched blog hosts. My sincerest apologies go out to Wordpress.com, without who I would never have began this self-righteous and indulgent thing called “blogging” in the first place. We had some good times, and I’ll never forget them. It’s not you, it’s me. I need things.

I need the ability to add a “shopping cart” to my posts so I can save my fans the hassle of signing up for an Etsy account just to gratify their desire for new pieces. I need more control over my blog’s layout and features. I need a faster host. I need easy-to-use design tools and posting systems. I need orange lettering. The fact is, Wordpress didn’t allow for any of these things. I was stuck in a regimented “template” structure, couldn’t edit CSS without paying for it, and I was tired of it being down all the time for maintenance that never seemed to improve my user experience. There are those of you out there, stuck in the interweb, who insist that Wordpress's actual URL should be DaBomb.com/awesome, but I don't see it. We're gonna give this a try, m'kay?

So, goodbye Wordpress. Hello Blogger. You’re shiny and new and you seem to like me more than I like you – all things I look for in a partner. Granted, it still seems absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to find a way to get you to use my fucking domain name properly, but I'm willing to look past that for the time being (seriously, wtf is wrong with you??).

Don’t fret, my compatriots. You can still access all the content from the other blog. Here's a link you can click that will whisk you away to the place you’re used to, to devour content at will. I’ll be leaving it all there for you. You’re welcome.

For now, though, let a new blog rise to power, and let us all cower in its glory. Welcome to the new Lad Named Felix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Delicious Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons