Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Handmade Market Chicago

Handmade Market Chicago was a resounding success! Lad Named Felix schmoozed, comped Bloody Marys in hand, with hundreds of fabulous people, from our perch at table 13, near the rear of the venue on the DJ platform. The display turned out stunning in its bright whiteness, lit dramatically with adjustable LED lamps, and really stood out from the crowd. Around 78 pieces were showcased, and at the end of the day celebrated a whopping 28 SALES! I looked hot, too. Get over it, bitches. HUGE shout out to my assistant Heather, who worked her magic all day long and was a major contributor to the day’s success.

OHMYGODMYHANDSLOOKENORMOUS.

By the way, the stuff you hear about having a credit/debit purchasing method available is 100% correct. The majority of my sales were done by credit transactions, and those clients were very happy to see I had something in place to accommodate them. I used Intuit’s GoPayment (available here if you’d like to check it out) from a terminal app I downloaded to my Evo. Could not have been more effortless.

The highlight of the afternoon was being approached by a Chicago art gallery owner, and invited to start a dialogue about exhibiting my work in her Michigan Avenue gallery! Fans…I nearly hit the floor. What a flattering and exciting honor! More to come with this, I’m sure.

I was insanely busy the whole day, and the whirlwind prevented me from taking tons of pictures, but enjoy the ones I was able to snap! A large and very heartfelt thank you to everyone who showed up in support of my dream. I never forget that brand of loyalty. Next show is November 13th, and I have a *lot* of work to do.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Delicious Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons