Wednesday, January 19, 2011

30 DoP #14 - "Epic"



Indulge me in telling you a secret.

I'm a geek.

No, really. It's true. I leveled a Blood Elf Warlock to 80 with Tier 9 gear. I owned everyone in my high school class at Magic: The Gathering (Black/Blue deck). I've read Tolkien, and dissertations on Tolkien, and adaptations of Tolkien. I've read The Silmarillion. Three times. At one point in my life, I did not need a handbook to play an epic game of Dungeons and Dragons. Name an MMORPG - I've played them all. My Christmas tree this year featured Legos as decorations. Seen every episode of Xena: Warrior Princess. I didn't feel sorry for that wimp Ender. Do you know who Mace Windu is? I do. In fact, I've successfully pirated totally legally obtained all the episodes of The Clone Wars: Animated Series. In fact, my geekdom might be best described through my love of all things Star Wars. Even The Phantom Menace, for fuck's sake. I went as a Sith for Halloween last year, with full metal armor and a homemade lightsaber constructed from plumbing components. It's bad folks.

This is why I chose today's 30 Days of Play item. It's specific. It's epic. It makes me feel like Alderaan was never destroyed.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring my necklace! I'll have to rub this in my husband's face, since he was against me creating this piece, as he's a conscientious objector to the midichlorian concept. I might not like the prequels so much, but this idea wouldn't rest until I hammered it out (literally). Cheers to being a nerd!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure genius. I hope this is around when I return from London...

    ReplyDelete

Delicious Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons